Monday, December 11, 2006

what makes music pleasant?

It is definitely not having 50 speakers that blast the baseline of your r&b music into your neighbors room through the wall because half of the speakers and the 2 subs are placed conveniently right next to her desk, separated only by a thin wall.

Do I sound peeved?? because I am. I don't understand how people think making music much louder and making the base vibrate the entire floor makes music any more enjoyable. My neighbors just brought back with them from home last night more speakers, and now I think they have more speakers than I have post-it notes, and trust me I use a lot of post-it notes.

Isn't music supposed to be pleasant? enjoyable? I understand sometimes having the need to turn up music loudly and rock out or get your emotions out. but not at the expense of studying neighbors. or sleeping neighbors. or neighbors in general. does increasing dB's really help much though when trying to enjoy music? I may be biased, I like original baselines in rock music instead of just incessant booming, and I much prefer folk or punk or rock or oldies to pop, rap or r&b. but even if I did like whatever music is being listened to in my neighbors room at this moment, I can't tell what it is, I just hear what could be mistaken for a very nearby thunderstorm.

*SIghhhhhhhhh....*

No comments: